KSD2003

Default How do a slow the scroll speed when selecting text ?

When I am selecting text in word (orhighlighting data in excel) and I get to
the bottom of the page, the scroll speed reaches insane levels and goes all
the way to the end of the document.

This occurs whether I move the mouse way below the lower bounds of the
window, or barely touch the lower bounds.

This problem has been around for a long time and I was wondering if there is
a way to slow it down. You would think that they would have fixed this
problem by now.
JudithJubilee

Hello there,

Unfortunately you cannot change the speed of scroll.

However, you can use the keyboard to help you.

Word:
1. Click where you would like to start highlighting.
2. Scroll down using either your mouse wheel or the
scrollbar.
3. Hold down Shift.
4. Click where you want to end the selection.

This will highlight any text inbetween the two points.

Excel:
The same as above but you are clicking on the upper left
cell and the lower right cell.

Hope this helps

Judith

When I am selecting text in word (orhighlighting data in

excel) and I get to
the bottom of the page, the scroll speed reaches insane

levels and goes all
the way to the end of the document.

This occurs whether I move the mouse way below the lower

bounds of the
window, or barely touch the lower bounds.

This problem has been around for a long time and I was

wondering if there is
a way to slow it down. You would think that they would

have fixed this
problem by now.
.

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
Slow text in tables Kamic Tables 0 December 30th 04 06:29 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Scroll Speed Paul B New Users 2 November 30th 04 10:22 PM
Selecting Non-consecutive Text Lauren Microsoft Word Help 2 November 28th 04 03:03 PM