Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tsipz

Default my xp cant read a file opened by win98?

i'm tryin to recover files on a diskette that was opened using a win98 OS,
how do i go about this??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LC Killingbeck

"?B?dHNpcHo=?=" wrote in
:

i'm tryin to recover files on a diskette that was opened using a win98
OS, how do i go about this??

Copy the files to your hard drive. Don't even think about opening files
on a floppy disk directly with Word. Does this solve your problem? If not,
exactly what error message or error symptoms are you getting?

I'm presuming these are Word (*.doc) files. If not, post back telling what
program created them (the actual program, not just "using a win98 OS").

Lynn Killingbeck