Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth[_2_] Beth[_2_] is offline

Default "." is appearing after numbering even though not in list style

Hello, Word 2003 - A dot is appearing after my section numbering even though
the list style does not show it. The problem is that part of my document
contains a dot (4.1.) after the section numbering and some does not (4.1).
Any ideas? Thanks so much.
--
Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Beth

Beth wrote:
Hello, Word 2003 - A dot is appearing after my section numbering even though
the list style does not show it. The problem is that part of my document
contains a dot (4.1.) after the section numbering and some does not (4.1).
Any ideas? Thanks so much.

hard to judge without knowing exactly how you setup the numbering.

I'd check two such paragraphs for differences in formatting
(CTRL-Q/CTRL-Space can be used to strip out direct paragraph/font
formatting).

HTH
Robert
--