Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Default join tables

I have a doc with 2 separate tables of the same structure, specs, etc.

I removed the contents separating them.

Now I carriage return between them.

How can I join those 2 tables? Or at least remove the carriage return so
there's no space between?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Shank,

Simply deleting all the intervening material should work. I can't see any particular reason why you wouldn't be able to delete those
'carriage returns'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"shank" wrote in message ...
I have a doc with 2 separate tables of the same structure, specs, etc.

I removed the contents separating them.

Now I carriage return between them.

How can I join those 2 tables? Or at least remove the carriage return so there's no space between?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You should be able to join the tables by selecting the carriage return
(paragraph mark) and deleting it (or just click in the empty paragraph and
press Delete).

Note that you cannot delete the empty paragraph if Track Changes is turned
on. In that case, turn off Track Changes and try again.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"shank" wrote:

I have a doc with 2 separate tables of the same structure, specs, etc.

I removed the contents separating them.

Now I carriage return between them.

How can I join those 2 tables? Or at least remove the carriage return so
there's no space between?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Beats the heck outta me! Went back and tried deleting the paragraph marks
just like I tried before and it worked. Tables are together. I have Office
2007. I know Excel is quirky. Maybe WORD has a few quirks about it. I did
have WORD closed then re-opened int he interim. Oh well...

thanks!

"shank" wrote:

I have a doc with 2 separate tables of the same structure, specs, etc.

I removed the contents separating them.

Now I carriage return between them.

How can I join those 2 tables? Or at least remove the carriage return so
there's no space between?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Quirks in Word????