Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] a.i.michalakowie@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 document docx renemed to doc

I works with word documents with automation.
I use doc and docx files.
I found interested feature. When i saved document in docx (packed xml) as doc.
Word 2007 on my computer opens it without problems, and Word 2007 in my client doesn't.

I have Windows 7 64 bit, Microsoft Office Small Business 2007

Is special settings - Word recognize content of document and ignore doc, docx extensions.

Best Regards,
Ireneusz Michalak
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

I found interested feature. When i saved document
in docx (packed xml) as doc.
Word 2007 on my computer opens it without problems,
and Word 2007 in my client doesn't.

check the options in "Word Options | Trust Center".

--
Cheers,
Lisa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
james11 james11 is offline

a.i.michalakowie wrote on 02/11/2014 04:49 ET :
I works with word documents with automation.
I use doc and docx files.
I found interested feature. When i saved document in docx (packed xml) as doc.
Word 2007 on my computer opens it without problems, and Word 2007 in my client
doesn't.

I have Windows 7 64 bit, Microsoft Office Small Business 2007

Is special settings - Word recognize content of document and ignore doc, docx
extensions.

Best Regards,
Ireneusz Michalak

Will you please tell me exact error in opening that doc file at your client's
computer ?
Is it related to compatibility issue ?
Just try to uncheck the “Check compatibility when saving in Word 97-2003
formats” while saving your document in doc format.

I do not think there is any special setting for it. You can download and
install
Microsoft Office Compatibility pack for Word file formats to resolve this.