archer1208 archer1208 is offline
Junior Member

Default Toggle styles on/off in restricted Word 2007 template

Hi there,

Our word template is restricted to allow only using a number of styles.

One of the styles is superscript and I am desperately looking for a way to toggle this on and off (that would be useful for any other styles as well).

I can assign a shortcut to the style but I can't get back to the normal style.
Even clearing the formatting (CTRL+SHIFT+C) doesn't revert the style back to normal. I would have to select some text, and clear formatting to get rid of it.

If there was a way to toggle the styles that would be awesome!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Archer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

One of the styles is superscript

character style, paragraph style, linked style?

and I am desperately looking for a way
to toggle this on and off (that would be
useful for any other styles as well).

I don't understand your goal. If a character style is applied, you can
remove it by selecting the text and then pressing Ctrl+Space.
If it is a paragraph style you can apply e.g. Normal style.

Even clearing the formatting (CTRL+SHIFT+C)

Ctrl+Shift+C means to copy formatting (= format painter)

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+SpaceBar clears direct formatting, including paragraph styles, at the
insertion point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"archer1208" wrote in message

Hi there,

Our word template is restricted to allow only using a number of styles.

One of the styles is superscript and I am desperately looking for a way
to toggle this on and off (that would be useful for any other styles as
well).

I can assign a shortcut to the style but I can't get back to the normal
style.
Even clearing the formatting (CTRL+SHIFT+C) doesn't revert the style
back to normal. I would have to select some text, and clear formatting
to get rid of it.

If there was a way to toggle the styles that would be awesome!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Archer

--
archer1208

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Correction: Ctrl+SpaceBar clears direct formatting, including *character*
styles, at the insertion point.

Each text paragraph must always have a paragraph style. Unlike paragraph
styles, character styles are optional.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

One of the styles is superscript

character style, paragraph style, linked style?

and I am desperately looking for a way
to toggle this on and off (that would be
useful for any other styles as well).

I don't understand your goal. If a character style is applied, you can
remove it by selecting the text and then pressing Ctrl+Space.
If it is a paragraph style you can apply e.g. Normal style.

Even clearing the formatting (CTRL+SHIFT+C)

Ctrl+Shift+C means to copy formatting (= format painter)

--
Cheers,
Lisa
Thanks for your reply.
This one is a character style.
The goal is to be able to turn on/off superscript (or any other style for that matter)using a keyboard shortcut while typing . Because the template doesn't allow direct formatting, the default shortcuts for subscript/superscript don't work.
The weird thing with this character style is that you can hit "Clear All' or select the Normal style after that but it still stays superscript..
I have to keep typing superscript and then go back and select the text and clear the formatting. That can't be right, can it?

Cheers,
Archer