Sprucegum Sprucegum is offline
Junior Member

Default Formatting Rich Text Content Controls in a protected document

How can I protect content in some portions of a MS Word 2010 document from inadvertent changes while still allowing users to format (Rich Text) Content Control s in other portions of the document?

I have a form that uses content controls in a table. The form is protected to restrict data entry to content controls. However, standard text formatting tools and quick styles on the tool ribbon appear to be inaccessible to protected documents. In addition, commands like Ctrl+D (to display the Font dialog box) and Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S (to display the Styles window) do not appear to function in protected documents.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

How can I protect content in some portions of a
MS Word 2010 document from inadvertent changes
while still allowing users to format (Rich Text)
Content Control s in other portions of the document?

you have not to use document protection.
Just select the part to be protected and choose "Developer | Controls |
Group". Only content controls within that part can be edited.

--
Cheers,
Lisa

Sprucegum Sprucegum is offline
Junior Member

[quote=you have not to use document protection.
Just select the part to be protected and choose "Developer | Controls |
Group". Only content controls within that part can be edited[/QUOTE]

Hi Lisa,
You're right, using the Developer tab Group control does restrict editing to any Content Controls included within the group.
Thanks for your help.
Uposing Uposing is offline
Banned

Sometimes it is very dificult to activate the office set up which can be good for doing any assignment writing work online. Now students can also check the https://youressayreviews.com/review-...-com-services/ the platfom where students can also review the witten content in more accurate way.