Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jef

Default page numbers/header-footer issue - sections non-consecutively numb

I am working in a doc that was originally scanned text - 96 pgs. I have
isolated the problem to four consecutive pages with differing header/footer
numbers. Jumps from "section 4" to 7 to 11 to 15. The conventional ways of
numbering/restarting, etc. are not working. I can't figure out how to change
the section numbers in the hdr/ftr. In the format view, I took out all the
unnecessary section breaks that had scanned in. NAd have tried to connect
sections to previous. Some worked, others did not. Any thoughts?? Been
totally stumped by this and cannot complete the project. Thanks~Jamye
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne P.

If it jumps from Section 4 to Section 7 in Headers and Footers, you have
Continuous section breaks in the document.

Anne P.
"jef" wrote in message
I am working in a doc that was originally scanned text - 96 pgs. I have
isolated the problem to four consecutive pages with differing
header/footer
numbers. Jumps from "section 4" to 7 to 11 to 15. The conventional ways of
numbering/restarting, etc. are not working. I can't figure out how to
change
the section numbers in the hdr/ftr. In the format view, I took out all the
unnecessary section breaks that had scanned in. NAd have tried to connect
sections to previous. Some worked, others did not. Any thoughts?? Been
totally stumped by this and cannot complete the project. Thanks~Jamye

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jef

Default page numbers/header-footer issue - sections non-consecutively

Right - I know that. But I cannot seem to correct the problem.

"jef" wrote in message
I am working in a doc that was originally scanned text - 96 pgs. I have
isolated the problem to four consecutive pages with differing
header/footer
numbers. Jumps from "section 4" to 7 to 11 to 15. The conventional ways of
numbering/restarting, etc. are not working. I can't figure out how to
change
the section numbers in the hdr/ftr. In the format view, I took out all the
unnecessary section breaks that had scanned in. NAd have tried to connect
sections to previous. Some worked, others did not. Any thoughts?? Been
totally stumped by this and cannot complete the project. Thanks~Jamye

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amVm?=,

I am working in a doc that was originally scanned text - 96 pgs. I have
isolated the problem to four consecutive pages with differing header/footer
numbers. Jumps from "section 4" to 7 to 11 to 15. The conventional ways of
numbering/restarting, etc. are not working. I can't figure out how to change
the section numbers in the hdr/ftr. In the format view, I took out all the
unnecessary section breaks that had scanned in. NAd have tried to connect
sections to previous. Some worked, others did not. Any thoughts?? Been
totally stumped by this and cannot complete the project

Well, if you need to retain the section breaks (for different numbers of text
columns, for example), then you need to force each section to temporarily be on
its own page (use a manual page break - Ctrl+Enter). Then you can access its
header/footer to make the adjustments. Afterwards, just delete the manual page
breaks.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org