montgo21

Default Printing #10envelopes, I'm using Word 2003 and a HP 4200 Printer

After installing the latest Office2003 updates I have not been able to print
#10 envelopes using Word 2003. I have printed envelopes with Word thousands
of times in the past. Now it appears the print is off to the left side of the
paper as the return address is off the envelope sometimes printing only the
last few characters. The delivery address is also printing to the left side
of the envelope. I have 5 computers on a SBS network this problem started on
all computers at the same time. I have tried setting the HP printer back to
factory default settings but the problem is still there. Has anyone else
encountered this? HELP?

Are you sure you are feeding the envelopes where the printer is expecting to
find them? Or that Word is printing where you are feeding? Check the feed
method on the Printing Options tab of Tools | Letters and Mailings |
Envelopes and Labels | Envelopes | Options (and don't put too much trust in
it; even if you have the right one selected, try some others--on plain
paper--till you find one that works).

"montgo21" wrote in message
After installing the latest Office2003 updates I have not been able to

print

montgo21

The printer prints the envelope using the right tray at the right time.
However the print is to far to the left side of the envelope almost like it's
printing for a regular 8.5X11 sheet of paper even though I selected #10
envelope. The other thing that's happening is the print font is sometimes
larger. Do you think my printer driver is corrupt? I'm comfused because
all other printing is fine.

"montgo21" wrote in message
After installing the latest Office2003 updates I have not been able to

print

Does this still happen if you create a new document and set the paper size
to Envelope #10?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure you are feeding the envelopes where the printer is

expecting to
find them? Or that Word is printing where you are feeding? Check the

feed
method on the Printing Options tab of Tools | Letters and Mailings |
Envelopes and Labels | Envelopes | Options (and don't put too much trust

in
it; even if you have the right one selected, try some others--on plain
paper--till you find one that works).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.