Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
steve m steve m is offline

Default Word mail merge wraps email addresses in single quotes: problem

I was wrong. It wasn't a problem. The problem was with the email account
I was using - I had to set "Server requires authentication". Sorry for the
false alarm. I tried to cancel the message, but I still see it here. Maybe
it will help somebody else.

Does anybody know how to stop Word mail merge from wrapping email
addresses for email-shots in single quotes? Instead of it
generates ' in the Outlook message/outbox, which is then
rejected by servers and bounces back undeliverable.

I have a list of people I want to send a message to but no joy at
present.

The email addresses are in Excel csv files, together with first_name,
last_name etc. and they don't appear to have single quotes around
them, even when examined with Notepad.

yours truly,
Steve M.