Scent-Sations Australia

Default inserting text in word.

How do I insert text without overwriting next letter in word?
EG. I miss a comma and go back to insert one but it overwrites the next text.
garfield-n-odie

Press the Insert key once.

Scent-Sations Australia wrote:

How do I insert text without overwriting next letter in word?
EG. I miss a comma and go back to insert one but it overwrites the next text.

Kathryn Groves

FYI -- this happens when you inadvertantly hit the Insert Key when you are
going for the Delete Key on a regular keyboard. Anytime you are typing over
the text -- check the bottom of the screen in the status bar and you should
see an OVR lit -- when you depress the Insert key -- it goes off. This can
be very frustrating when you do it in error without even realizing it -- and
don't know what you have done!

Kate in MI

"Scent-Sations Australia" Scent-Sations
wrote in message
news
How do I insert text without overwriting next letter in word?
EG. I miss a comma and go back to insert one but it overwrites the next
text.

Russs

On 8/25/05 11:22 AM, in article , "Kathryn
Groves" wrote:

FYI -- this happens when you inadvertantly hit the Insert Key when you are
going for the Delete Key on a regular keyboard. Anytime you are typing over
the text -- check the bottom of the screen in the status bar and you should
see an OVR lit -- when you depress the Insert key -- it goes off. This can
be very frustrating when you do it in error without even realizing it -- and
don't know what you have done!

Kate in MI

"Scent-Sations Australia" Scent-Sations
wrote in message
news
How do I insert text without overwriting next letter in word?
EG. I miss a comma and go back to insert one but it overwrites the next
text.

Check out this page for 'disabling' the Insert key. Make sure to read the
message thread on that web page for all suggestions, too.

Russs

drsmN0SPAMikleAThotmailD0Tcom.INVALID -- fix this before replying

cold*hearted*squirrel

oh, wow...i pressed the insert key on accident without even realizing it and
i had this huge report to type up. when i went back to edit, i was frustrated
for hours, so i was looking everywhere for help on what i did wrong...lol, i
feel so stupid now. thanks for the help!