Jan

Default Format problem with merge fields in word table

I'm using Word 2003. My data source is Excel 2003. I have a Word form
letter that includes a table (Word's table feature) in the body of the
letter. I have inserted some merge fields in a few table cells.

I did not have any formating turned on in the cell (either before or after)
I inserted the merged field. The Excel data source does not have any
formating (i.e bold). Once I execute the merge, some fields are "bold" in
the table cells and some are not. I do not want any of them to have a bold
format.

I have checked and rechecked the cells to make sure no "bold" formating is
enabled. I have also right clicked on the merge field, selected "edit field"
and have checked the "Preserve formatting during updates" box. Still doesn't
work on this. What is odd with that feature selected is my merge fieldcode,
name (which is Fname Lname) merges with the last name in bold and the first
name without the bold format.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can turn the "bold" formating off.
Peter Jamieson

Use Alt-F9 to show the underlying field codes - e.g. { MERGEFIELD myfield }
and
a. ensure that the MERGEFIELD myfield } text is formatted the way you want
b. change any text saying \*Mergeformat to \*Charformat
c. if necessary, add \*Charformat to fields that do not have \*Charformat

Peter Jamieson

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM