Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
banker word[_2_] banker word[_2_] is offline

Default unwanted newspaper columns

In Word 2003, each time I open a new document, it defaults to 2 newspaper
style columns. How do I change the default to a 1 column style?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Banker,
Somehow your normal.dot has been altered. Have a look here for some methods
to restore it to the original state:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
In Word 2003, each time I open a new document, it defaults to 2 newspaper
style columns. How do I change the default to a 1 column style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
banker word[_2_] banker word[_2_] is offline

I tried that, and it didn't work. I right clicked on normal.dot, selected
open, selected tools/options and on the file location tabs, double clicked on
'user templates'.
Here's where I got stuck: it would not accept the path. It said it was
password protected or something else..

"Luc" wrote:

Banker,
Somehow your normal.dot has been altered. Have a look here for some methods
to restore it to the original state:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"banker word" schreef in bericht
In Word 2003, each time I open a new document, it defaults to 2 newspaper
style columns. How do I change the default to a 1 column style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Try this:
Find and open Normal.dot as you did before (i.e. right-click the file and
select Open). Then select Format Columns and click the One column icon,
click OK. Save and close Normal.dot.

Note: since you have already found your Normal.dot, you have no reason the
go Tools Options File Locations tab - in the article €śWhy is my €śBlank
Document€ť not blank€ť, this is described as _another_ method to find
Normal.dot.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Luc" wrote:

Banker,
Somehow your normal.dot has been altered. Have a look here for some methods
to restore it to the original state:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"banker word" schreef in bericht
In Word 2003, each time I open a new document, it defaults to 2 newspaper
style columns. How do I change the default to a 1 column style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Neal Michael Neal is offline

Another option is to go to someone else's PC whose formatting opens the way
you would like yours to look, and copy their normal.dot file on to your PC.
Use search to locate it and just overwrite it. You might need to alter your
folder views in order to access system folders.

"Luc" wrote:

Banker,
Somehow your normal.dot has been altered. Have a look here for some
methods
to restore it to the original state:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"banker word" schreef in bericht
In Word 2003, each time I open a new document, it defaults to 2
newspaper
style columns. How do I change the default to a 1 column style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This assumes that you have not customized your Normal.dot in any way that
you want to keep and/or that you want to import whatever customizations the
other person may have added.

Newspaper Columns mdt New Users 4 January 16th 06 09:37 AM
In newspaper columns, how can I go from Col 1 to Col 2? Macro Help Page Layout 1 December 6th 05 01:40 PM
Newspaper columns Bakersacres Page Layout 1 May 18th 05 07:04 PM
newspaper columns Maureen Formatting Long Documents 1 May 6th 05 08:24 AM
Newspaper columns Rick Charnes Page Layout 2 January 26th 05 02:07 PM