Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kjsn kjsn is offline

Default fomatting changes whole document

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003; operating system is Windows XP on a
Dell Inspiron 6000.

When i am using Word and doing simple editing, it affects whole document.

For example, if i mark one paragraph and make it bold, Word makes it bold
AND applies all the formatting from that paragraph to the whole document.
Let's say the paragraph was already centered and underlined. I apply bolding
to just that paragraph. The entire document is now centered, underlined and
bolded.

I can "work around" this by using one "undo" (control z) which turns off all
the excess formatting to the rest of the document and leaves only what i
wanted.

I use MACS at work and if I send a PC Word doc to the office and copy and
paste into in a Mac Word doc, the problem goes away. Of course this doesn't
help unless I email a PC doc from home to work, which is rarely practical.

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be MOST APPRECIATED.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Check out this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm
It might have the answer you need.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"kjsn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kjsn kjsn is offline

thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post!

not only did this work to solve my problem described above, but following
the instructions led me to information i was seeking regarding another
problem i was having.

thank you