Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Desert Sailor Desert Sailor is offline

Default How can I rotate the screen image 90 degrees?

I'm studying census records where the column headings are printed vertically.
I'd like to rotate the screen image so I can read these headings more easily!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can't be done in Word. Maybe your video card has setting to do that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Desert Sailor" Desert wrote in message
I'm studying census records where the column headings are printed
vertically.
I'd like to rotate the screen image so I can read these headings more
easily!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Do the following:
1. On the Insert menu, point to picture, click From File
2. In the Insert Picture, click an picture.
3. Click the Insert button.
By default the picture is placed in the document as an In-line picture.
Therefore,
you will not be able to rotate the handle of the picture.
4. Click the Picture you placed in the document
5. Click the Text Wrapping button on the Picture Toolbar.
6. Change the selection from "In Line With Text" to "Sqaure".
In the becomes a floating picture.
7. Right the picture, and click Format Picture.
8. In the Format Picture dialog box, click the Size tab.
9. Under Size and Rotate
Do one of the following:
In the Rotation box, Enter 90
-or-
click the up arrow to the right of the Rotate field to 90.
10. Click Ok

Challa Prabhu