Brenda Rueter

Default Help with Org Chart

User has an org chart created in Word 2000. Now she has XP and when you
open the chart, the horizontal lines under the basically "centered" 3rd
level manager have been extended. It appears as though the data is being
stretched to fit the margins somehow.

Where the center manager employees should be listed as two vertical columns
of names, those names have been moved to the left and right as far as can be
moved. It all looks very wierd.

Has anyone else had trouble converting Word 2000 org chart into Word XP?

Brenda Rueter

Further information: I've discovered that with the manager cell in question
selected, I can change the Layout on the organizational chart toolbar.
Standard makes all ten subordinates line up in a horizontal row below the
manager; Hanging Left lines them all up in one column to the left, Right
Hanging to the right. The desired layout is Both Hanging - which is what
forces them in 2 columns to be pushed all the way to the right and left.

Both Hanging as a layout does work correctly for other managers is this
selected row. So I guess the real question here is, how do I get the
subordinates to align in 2 equal vertical columns below the manager?

"Brenda Rueter" wrote in message
User has an org chart created in Word 2000. Now she has XP and when you
open the chart, the horizontal lines under the basically "centered" 3rd
level manager have been extended. It appears as though the data is being
stretched to fit the margins somehow.

Where the center manager employees should be listed as two vertical

columns
of names, those names have been moved to the left and right as far as can

be
moved. It all looks very wierd.

Has anyone else had trouble converting Word 2000 org chart into Word XP?

Lloyd H. London

Everything in the Org chart behaves as if it is Grouped. On the
OrgChart toolbar, Click Layout, and then AutoLayout.
This will act to ungroup the objects and lines, etc. Move them around
to suit you pupose, and then turn AutoLayout back on the regroup the
objects.
Hope that helps