Scott Keeler Scott Keeler is offline
Junior Member

Default What setting do I change to allow me to nudge the graphic and stop the snap behavior?

In MS Word 2007 I do NOT have any of the Snap to Grid options selected. When I paste in a screen capture into a Word .docx file and select the "In front of text' option, so that I can move the pasted graphic onto other graphics, the graphic acts as if it is snapping to a grid or other object. I cannot not drag/drop the graphic or “nudge” the graphic using the arrow buttons, the arrow buttons just keep moving the graphic up?

I have pasted the SAME graphic into a Word .doc file and I am able to select the "In front of text' option then drag/drop the graphic and “nudge” the graphic using the arrow buttons. I also copied the SAME .doc graphic and pasted it into the .docx file and was able to retain the drag/drop and nudge function.

Apparently there is a setting in Word 2007 that can be set or removed that will allow the nudge function to be used on pasted graphics. I would like to be able to paste the graphics directly into the .docx file and be able to nudge the graphic vs. pasting the graphic into my .doc file, setting the "In front of text' option, the copy/paste over to the .docx file.

I know there is an option for specifying distances relative to the page, margin, paragraph, etc, but that is quite time-consuming vs. the easy/fast drag the graphic to where you want it, then fine-tune it with nudging.

What setting do I need to turn on/off to allow me to nudge the graphic and stop the snap behavior? ... thanks.