Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelvin Kelvin is offline

Default How do I create Hyperlinks to My Documents in Word?

I am creating a document with setup instructions. There are a few cases
where I would like to create a hyperlink to the user's My Documents folder
(or a subfolder underneath it), so they can click on the link to open Windows
Explorer to that folder.

When I generate the Hyperlink on my computer, the address is generated as
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents. I would like to replace
username with something that uses the current user's username. With .cmd
files I'm able to user %username% or even %userprofile%. When I try that
with the hyperlink, I get "Cannot open the specified file."

How can I do this?

Thanks!