ep2002 ep2002 is offline
Banned

Default Won't find in search

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which kind of search are you referring to? Are you using the Find and Replace
dialog box in Word? Or the Navigation pane (if you are using Word 2010)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even
though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle

--
ep2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Or are you using the search function in *Windows*?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even
though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle

--
ep2002
ep2002 ep2002 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even
though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle

--
ep2002
Hi,

So I exited out of Word completely & shut down all the docs & that fixed it.

I was using Word's Ctrl F feature.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, they say that restarting Office, or Windows, fixes most problems. :-)

Thanks for the follow-up.

By the way, which version are you using? In Word 2010, Ctrl+F opens the search
tab of the Navigation pane, and in older versions it opens the Find and Replace
dialog box with the Find tab activated...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493524']Or are you using the search function in *Windows*?

--

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even
though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle

--
ep2002

Hi,

So I exited out of Word completely & shut down all the docs & that fixed
it.

I was using Word's Ctrl F feature.

I hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Michelle

--
ep2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] tomgiordano322@gmail.com is offline

"ep2002" wrote in message ...

Hi,

This has happened to me a few times.

I search for something that is IN the doc. & it doesn't find it even

though I'm staring at it.

What's up with that?

Thanks

Michelle

--

ep2002

As a Trainer who's used Word for so many years, I personally find it really annoying that Ctrl+F has been absconded. They could have come up with a different shortcut for the navigation pane. I suppose it's just marketing. You can use Ctrl+F then click the third tab to get to the old Find feature.. You can also use Ctrl+H for Replace then click the Find tab. This brings up the old-style Find dialog. Hope this helps.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that you can reassign Ctrl+F to the EditFind command if you wish. Click
File tab | Options | Customize Ribbon | Customize.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP