T-C T-C is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I eliminate Asian font styles?

Someone made some edits to my document, and now there are a lot of inappropriate new styles. I can clean up most of them. However, some of them involve "Asian" fonts, and I can't clean up those. For instance, there is now a style called "Normal + Font: (Asian) MS ??". I've tried many things, but I can't reset the style to Normal. It always has "+ Font: (Asian) MS ??" attached to the style no matter what I do.

What is going on, and how do I fix it?

-TC

P.S. There is absolutely nothing Asian in this document. There never was, and never will be.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Uninstall any Asian languages from your Windows installation. (It
works differently in XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and presumably 8.)

Is it just the one document?

--
T-C

T-C T-C is offline
Junior Member

Thank you for the reply, Peter.

I uninstalled all languages except English, and the problem is fixed now. I uninstalled the languages from Office using the Microsoft Office Language Settings utility which is under Microsoft Office Tools in the Start Menu. I don't know how these languages got installed in the first place. Perhaps that's another problem.

-TC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Uninstall any Asian languages from your Windows installation. (It
works differently in XP, Vista, and Windows 7 and presumably 8.)

Is it just the one document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At least they're there for us what needs 'em -- in the olden days
(maybe as recently as XP?), you needed to have your distribution disks
to install additional languages (IMEs). Now they're simply part of
Windows and you just go in and turn them on as you need them.

Sounds like they're contagious, though.