Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dylan72 Dylan72 is offline

Default Pasting from Web Pages into Word 2003 is broken

I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see
that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run
the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be
experiencing thi issue.

We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few
characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the
right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special"
then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting.

Paste is working fine into Excel, Outlook, Notepad, Wordpad etc. Just not
into Word 2003.

Here is a page I was trying to copy text from:
http://www.business.sunshinecoast.ql...usiness-awards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There might be an add-in or code in the Normal template that is interfering
with the paste operation. Did you install something recently (on the
affected machines)?

As a troubleshooting step, you can start in Safe mode (hold Ctrl as you
start the application). Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dylan72" wrote in message
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see
that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all
run
the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be
experiencing thi issue.

We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few
characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the
right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special"
then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting.

Paste is working fine into Excel, Outlook, Notepad, Wordpad etc. Just not
into Word 2003.

Here is a page I was trying to copy text from:
http://www.business.sunshinecoast.ql...usiness-awards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cavehomme cavehomme is offline

Dylan72 wrote on 01/21/2010 17:52 ET :
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see
that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run
the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be
experiencing thi issue.

We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few
characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the
right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste
Special"
then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting.

Paste is working fine into Excel, Outlook, Notepad, Wordpad etc. Just not
into Word 2003.

Here is a page I was trying to copy text from:

http://www.business.sunshinecoast.ql...usiness-awards

Does anyone have a good answer to this problem please? I am facing the same
issues today. Problem only occurs with word 2003. No add-ons.

Os is Win 7 HP 32-bit. Ran CCleaner registry cleaner, also Comodo registry
cleaner. Then re-install of office 2003. It is really annoying and i think is
happening since uninstall of Office 2010 trial today (probably a deliberate
ploy
by MS to upgrade....but Outlook 2010 trial is horribly slow compared to 2003)

Actually, the issue seems to be really occuring when i switch from any
application to then Word 2003, it hangs for 5-10 sec with timer and cpu usage
goes high. Strange.