Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mmkryder mmkryder is offline

Default Word 2007 document with links to Excel file A document with the name"xxx.xls" is already open

I have a Word 2007 document with links to an Excel file. When I try to
refresh the links in the document, I get the following error message:

A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open
two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in
different folders. To open the second documents, either close the
document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents.

The message pops up for every link. It is very strange; nothing has
changed in either file and it was working fine a couple of days ago.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated; thanks.