Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen G

Default Need to use hyphen instead of en dash in caption

I'm looking for a solution for being able to use a plain old hyphen instead
of an en dash when inserting a caption with a Chapter/Heading number. The
CaptionNumberingUse Separator pulldown menu lists a hyphen as one of the
choices, but actually inserts an en dash (at least on my computer). I have
tried changing the "autocorrect as you type" options and this has not worked.
I'm running Word 2002.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

KarenLRB KarenLRB is offline
Junior Member

I am working on troubleshooting an issue on user's machine that is doing the same thing in Word 2007 and also on another users machine with Word 2010. Everytime they insert a caption the hyphen is changed to a em dash and their separator option is set as a hyphen. I have found nothing that should change it in Word and it is happening on every document where they use Captions and on multiple different machines.

Have you found anything out on this?