Zoljko

Default How can I select all pictures in my Word document?

I have more than thousand pictures in my document.
I want to select all of them at once, not one by one.
I want select only the pictures, nothing else.
How can I do that?
When I select them I can replace them or delete them at once.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I select all pictures in my Word document?

Here's how you can select all pictures in your Word document at once:
  1. Open your Word document and press "Ctrl + A" to select all the content in the document.
  2. Press "Ctrl + C" to copy all the content in the document.
  3. Open a new blank Word document.
  4. Press "Ctrl + V" to paste all the content from the original document into the new document.
  5. Press "Ctrl + H" to open the "Find and Replace" dialog box.
  6. Click on the "Replace" tab.
  7. In the "Find what" field, type "^g".
  8. Leave the "Replace with" field blank.
  9. Click on the "More " button to expand the dialog box.
  10. Click on the "Format" button and select "Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  11. Click on the "Replace All" button.

This will replace all the pictures in your document with nothing, effectively deleting them. If you want to replace them with new pictures, you can do so by clicking on the "Replace with" field in step 8 and selecting "Picture" from the drop-down menu. Then you can browse for the new pictures you want to insert.
__________________
Anne Troy

If you want to delete them, you can use Ctrl+H (find/replace) and type ^g
into the Find What box. Don't put anything in the Replace with box. Hit
Replace All.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Zoljko" wrote in message
I have more than thousand pictures in my document.
I want to select all of them at once, not one by one.
I want select only the pictures, nothing else.
How can I do that?
When I select them I can replace them or delete them at once.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I'm curious what kind of a Word document would have that many pictures in
it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Zoljko" wrote in message
I have more than thousand pictures in my document.
I want to select all of them at once, not one by one.
I want select only the pictures, nothing else.
How can I do that?
When I select them I can replace them or delete them at once.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Zoljko,

It depends on how the pictures are formatted in Word.

If they're inserted with a layout of other than inline-with
text wrapping you can use
Tools=Customize=Commands and from the Drawing category list
drag the 'Select Multiple Objects' commmand to the Drawing Toolbar

You can then click on that choice and use 'Select All'.

=========
"Zoljko" wrote in message ...
I have more than thousand pictures in my document.
I want to select all of them at once, not one by one.
I want select only the pictures, nothing else.
How can I do that?
When I select them I can replace them or delete them at once.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
creating forms Fluffypink Microsoft Word Help 4 March 9th 05 05:17 PM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM