El Barto

Default Word Window Opening Size in Internet Explorer

I have a link which opens up a word document in a new window. The liunk is
not determining the size of the window in which the word document opens. Now
i have a user nwho always had the word docs opening up in maximised mode but
they must have changed something as the docs are now opening up in a reduced
window size, about half of full screen. How do i make it revert back to
opening the window full. I appreciate that this may be more suited to an IE
group so if someone can point me in the direction of one that would be most
appreciated,
cheers
lostinspace

I have a link which opens up a word document in a new window. The liunk is
not determining the size of the window in which the word document opens.
Now
i have a user nwho always had the word docs opening up in maximised mode
but
they must have changed something as the docs are now opening up in a
reduced
window size, about half of full screen. How do i make it revert back to
opening the window full. I appreciate that this may be more suited to an
IE
group so if someone can point me in the direction of one that would be
most
appreciated,
cheers

1) With IE open
2) With the Word Doc open
3) Resize the Word doc manually to full screen with the mouse and arrows.
4) Minimize the Word Doc
5) Close IE "first"
6)Close the Word doc next.
7) Next time you open a doc in this manner? It should be the size you set.
8) Please note that this setting does not HOLD permanently. It must be some
kind of glitch in IE. I have however noticed that the frequency of being
required to reset this, is far less (with XP) than when I used Win98.

El Barto

Thanks for this Lost, i tried it on my machine, XP Office 2003 IE6 and it
worked a treat, tried it on the users machine Windows 2000 Office 2000 IE6
and had no joy.

Any further ideas and thanks again for a good answer

lostinspace

[...]

It's possible the user or another software has modified the the CSS settings
(by adding their own style sheet).
Tool / Internet Options / General / Accesibility / bottom line, "User Style
Sheet", is it ticked?