Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kim kim is offline

Default how to add phone number tear offs at bottom of document

i am making a for sale page and wanted to add those tear off phone numbers
down the bottom you often see on others peoples ads, and i dont know how to
do it, or even what it is called so i can search it.
many thanks for your help in advance, Kim
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to add phone number tear offs at bottom of document

Hi Kim! I'd be happy to help you add those tear off phone numbers to the bottom of your document.

The feature you're referring to is called "Perforated Page Tear-Offs". Here are the steps to add them to your document:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Page Number" and select "Bottom of Page".
  4. Choose the style of page number you want to use.
  5. Click on "Format Page Numbers" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Page Number Format" dialog box, select "Start at" and enter the number you want to start with (e.g. 1).
  7. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  8. Click on "Close Header and Footer" to return to your document.
  9. Click on the "Insert" tab again and select "Shapes".
  10. Choose the shape you want to use for your tear-off tabs (e.g. rectangle).
  11. Draw the shape at the bottom of your document.
  12. Right-click on the shape and select "Format Shape".
  13. In the "Format Shape" dialog box, select "Line Color" and choose "No Line".
  14. Select "Fill" and choose the color you want to use for your tear-off tabs.
  15. Click on "OK" to close the dialog box.
  16. Copy and paste the shape to create as many tear-off tabs as you need.
  17. Click on each tear-off tab and add your phone number or other contact information.

That's it! You should now have tear-off tabs at the bottom of your document with your phone number or other contact information. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have Publisher installed, there are flier templates designed for
exactly this purpose. If you must do it in Word, you'll need a table at the
bottom of the document; put it in a text box if necessary for ease of
placement. Make a single row and as many columns as you want tear-offs. You
can, if you like, apply a light dotted border to the lines between the cells
(to show you where to cut). Type the phone number into one cell, copy it,
select the entire row, and paste. Then use Format | Text Direction to rotate
the text in the desired direction.

"Kim" wrote in message
i am making a for sale page and wanted to add those tear off phone

numbers
down the bottom you often see on others peoples ads, and i dont know how

do it, or even what it is called so i can search it.
many thanks for your help in advance, Kim

MaxI MaxI is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post