Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
andi andi is offline

Default Disbale Ctrl + click for document without using toolsOptionsedit

Is there a work around to disable the Ctrl + click option to follow hyperlink
in Word 2003 for a particular document?

I have a document containing a registration link to send to some conference
participants, many of who are, shall we say, computer challenged. Explaining
to them they had to hit ctrl + click has caused much confusion so I hope to
not even have to mention going to Tools options edit tab uncheck Ctrl +
click for hyperlinks. I am trying to make this as simple as possible for
everybody!!!

Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Although a macro could change that option, the cure is *much* worse than the
problem. If a document includes a macro, one of three things may happen:

- If the user's macro security setting (in Tools Macro Security) is set
to High, the macro simply won't run at all.
- If the user's macro security setting is Medium, a scary dialog pops up to
warn about the hazards of macro viruses, and asks the user to click Disable
or Enable buttons. If Ctrl+click confuses your recipients, this dialog will
freak them out completely.
- If the user's macro security setting is Low, the macro will run -- but so
would a real macro virus. This is highly discouraged.

You have absolutely no control from your end over the user's macro security
setting.

In reality, your only choices are (a) to continue your education efforts or
(b) to put the link in an email message instead of (or in addition to) a
Word document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Andi wrote:
Is there a work around to disable the Ctrl + click option to follow
hyperlink in Word 2003 for a particular document?

I have a document containing a registration link to send to some
conference participants, many of who are, shall we say, computer
challenged. Explaining to them they had to hit ctrl + click has
caused much confusion so I hope to not even have to mention going to
Tools options edit tab uncheck Ctrl + click for hyperlinks. I am
trying to make this as simple as possible for everybody!!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
andi andi is offline

Default Disbale Ctrl + click for document without using toolsOptions

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks anyway.