Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon M.

Default Updating fields and links before printing ...

Hi folks,

I am developing a template user guide and have made extensive use of form
fields for user input. On the front page of the guide I have included form
fields for Document type, Document title, Document Sub-title, Name of
company, Name of Department. All of these are defined with a Style name and I
use StyleRef fields throughout the document to have the text auto-filled from
the entries on the cover.

This is my question: As soon as I have completed the front cover I notice
that the Title and Sub-title are automatically included in the header BUT not
in the body of the text. Also, none of the other fields are included until I
press Print Preview. The only help I can find in Word is what I have done
already, namely check Update Fields and Update links under Tools/ Options.

Is this normal? If yes, and the user must do something, is there a better
option than Print Preview?

I am using Word XP. Thanks for any enlightenment!

Sharon

How do I change the source for multiple links at once in Word? aga Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 05 10:01 PM
need help troubleshooting links Carol Microsoft Word Help 0 November 8th 05 02:12 PM
REF fields Erica Lais New Users 5 October 19th 05 05:28 PM
Fields not updating in header M P Microsoft Word Help 1 September 6th 05 05:29 PM
Automatic update of fields and links swolfearch Microsoft Word Help 0 September 1st 05 06:43 PM