seany

Default how to find the date a document was created

Hi There, I am trying to find out if it is possible to find out when a
document was created in word, I am computer illiterate so an easy explanation
would be very much appreciated.
Margaret Aldis

You can see the file creation date from File Properties Statistics (or
simply from properties of the file itself in Windows Explorer). If you want
to insert this date into the Word document, use a CREATEDATE field.

Note that this is the date the *file* was created - it won't tell you if an
earlier document was pasted in or "saved as".

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
keep date from changing on a document LindaMarie Microsoft Word Help 1 April 7th 05 11:43 PM
How do I change the created date in a Word document? Formerly Dan Microsoft Word Help 1 April 5th 05 05:02 AM
Read-only property in a document created from a template shaffer001 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 05 01:12 PM
How could Created Date be LATER than Modified Date? Tad Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 05 05:12 AM