Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bergisback Bergisback is offline

Default Saving a specific word or phrase, bring it up next time I type it

In Word 2003, I was able to save a specific word or phrase by running my
cursor over it and selecting the "auto correct" option. I was then able to
type just the first couple of letters of that word or phrase and that word or
phrase would pop-up, then all I had to do was hit the enter key to insert it
in that sentence. Now that I have Word 2007 installed, I am not able to
perform this function. I need to be able to type fast in my line of work;
therefore, these saved words and phrases are a real time-saver. Can anyone
help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The function is still present, from Word Options Proofing Autocorrect
options, but you will find it far more convenient to add the Autocorrect
command to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)

"Bergisback" wrote in message
In Word 2003, I was able to save a specific word or phrase by running my
cursor over it and selecting the "auto correct" option. I was then able to
type just the first couple of letters of that word or phrase and that word
or
phrase would pop-up, then all I had to do was hit the enter key to insert
it
in that sentence. Now that I have Word 2007 installed, I am not able to
perform this function. I need to be able to type fast in my line of work;
therefore, these saved words and phrases are a real time-saver. Can anyone
help me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are confusing AutoCorrect and AutoText. AutoCorrect entries are still
available in Word 2007 (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...toCorrect.htm). AutoText is still
available, but AutoComplete is not. You can still type the first few letters
and press F3 to insert the entry.

http://word.mvps.org