Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anto Anto is offline

Default I am unable to save due to file permission error

Dear Sir,
When I try to save a file the following message appears: Word cannot
complete the save due to a file permission error. OK

and when I press OK
the following message appears: Do you want to retry the save? Yes / No

I have to give a new name at this stage in order to save.
How do I resolve this problem?
Thanking you in anticipation,
Augustine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Anto" wrote in message
Dear Sir,
When I try to save a file the following message appears: Word cannot
complete the save due to a file permission error. OK

and when I press OK
the following message appears: Do you want to retry the save? Yes / No

I have to give a new name at this stage in order to save.
How do I resolve this problem?
Thanking you in anticipation,
Augustine

Where are you trying to save this file?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
David Sherman David Sherman is offline

It happened to me twice today. It seens to me that Word 2007 can't
remember why the file is being saved.

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:54:25 -0000, "Gordon"
wrote:

"Anto" wrote in message
Dear Sir,
When I try to save a file the following message appears: Word cannot
complete the save due to a file permission error. OK

and when I press OK
the following message appears: Do you want to retry the save? Yes / No

I have to give a new name at this stage in order to save.
How do I resolve this problem?
Thanking you in anticipation,
Augustine

Where are you trying to save this file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anto Anto is offline

First of all I wish to thank you for taking the trouble to answer my question.
Microsoft live had sent me an email asking me to Read and Rate the response.
But I am unable to open that link from the mail in my inbox. So I went a long
way to open this thread.
I am using Word 2007. I had already saved the file with a name into my
private folder in My Documents . When I save it once again after further
editing, as Mr. David Sherman has pointed out, Word 2007 can't remember that
I had already saved it with a particular name. and the message that appears
is "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error. OK", etc.
as I have mentioned in my post.
I am using Windows XP service pack 3, updated till date.
I hope I have given you all the details you required.
Thanks once again,
Anto