Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Default Adding a choice to right-click mouse option in word

Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which section
would be the most appropriate for my question.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ERR229

ToolsCustomizeToolbars
Choose Shortcut menus
You probably want to add it to the Text context menu, so choose Text, and
then in the list of menus that appears, choose Text again. You can then go to
the list of commands and click and drag Paste Special to the desired
location on the context menu.

Hope that helps.
--
ERR229

"xppuser" wrote:

Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Thank you ERR229 for your reply. Unfortunately neither of your suggestions
worked. What I wanted to do was to add Paste Special onto my right-click
mouse action. So that, for example, after I copy something, instead of having
to go to the Menu - Edit - Paste Special, I can just right-click on mouse
to access the Paste Special options. Again, thank you for your advise though
it did not work on this occasion. Would appreciate further help/advice.

Regards,
jes

"xppuser" wrote:

Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Default Adding Paste Special to right-click mouse option/action in word

Dear Suzanne,

Sounds like your pointers seems to be guiding me into the right direction
but I still need some more help. I did (using the MVP link):

2c.)
Tools - Customize - Toolbars Tab - Shortcut Menus - Text - Text, where
these options are displayed: Cut, Copy, Paste, Font, Paragraphs, ...

but I could not see Paste Special amongst them. Additionally, I do not know
what to do at this stage.

Then I did this:

3.)
Tools - Customize - Commands - Categories (All Commands) to look for
Paste Special macro to be added to right-click mouse button action but again
I could not locate it. Similarly, at this juncture, I am at a lost as to what
to do next.

I would be grateful if you can be more explicit in your explanations or
provided me with a more detailed step-by-step guide as to how I can add the
'Paste Special' to my right-click mouse button action in Word. Please accept
my apology for any inconvenience. Again, thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action

i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the

Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar

for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be

achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which

section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The technique of adding commands to shortcut menus is not at all obvious,
which is why I kept urging Dave Rado to add more detail to that article.
Here's what you have to do:

1. On the Toolbars tab of Tools | Customize, check the box for Shortcut
Menus. That displays the Shortcut Menus toolbar, with its three categories
of menus, Text, Table, and Draw.

2. Switch to the Commands tab of the Customize dialog and select the Edit
category. Scroll down to the Paste Special... command and select it.

3. With the mouse, drag the Paste Special... command over the Text item on
the Shortcut Menus toolbar until the menu opens.

4. Drag the mouse down to the bottom of the menu to make it scroll down.
Hover over the Text item until the Text submenu opens.

5. Drag the mouse over the Text submenu and drop the Paste Special...
command wherever you want it on the menu.

6. Repeat as desired for other shortcut menus you may want to add the
command to.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the section on shortcut menus in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse

action
i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the

Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu

bar
for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be

achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which

section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Default Adding Paste Special to right-click mouse option/action in wor

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your quick reply. It is much appreciated. There are a couple
more issues that I want to ask you before going right ahead to implement your
suggestions, which seems would do what I wish it to. I should have asked you
these issues with my previous correspondence.

1. Once I implemented the Paste Special right-click mouse action button, is
there a way to take it off (i.e. delete it, or restoring to previous
menu/default apperance) in the future. If there is a way, how can it be
accomplished? I would appreciate a similarly detailed instructions (step by
step guide), please.

2. I wish to do the same to the Powerpoint 2003, i.e. add the Paste Special
to the right-click mouse option/action. I followed the steps that you
described for Word, right up to step 2, within Powerpoint. The steps seems to
be similar. I have not gone beyond step 2 as I think those subsequent steps
would be pretty irreversible and I do not wish to proceed without
understanding how to undo the steps. I wonder whether you would be to tell me
as to whether the steps to implement (and to undo this implementation) the
right-click 'Paste Special' in Powerpoint is similar to that of Word 2003.

I am aware that my second question relates to Powerpoint and that you might
be reluctance to answer it as this not the right section for the subject. I
would be willing to re-ask this question over at the Powerpoint if you wish.
Alternatively, I can put the answer over at the Powerpoint section since I
think the addition of this right-click menu seems to be fairly generic one.

I have also written to urging them to add these instructions
(right-click Paste Special) onto their site.

Thank you again for your help/advice. Again, I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
jes

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse

action
i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the
Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu

bar
for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be
achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which
section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. You can remove the menu item by repeating the steps you used to add it.
Display the shortcut menus, open the relevant one, and drag the command off
the menu.

2. I don't know how this might be done in PPT, but if you can get through
the same steps, I assume the result would be the same.

3. Don't expect to get support by writing to , as that is the
administrative address for the Web site; it's just for reporting problems
with the site, passing on comments on specific articles, etc.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Dear Suzanne,

This is great! Thank you. I am sorry I was not able to reply earlier. MS
notification failed yet again to let me know of replies. Additionally, unless
one remember the date when one posted the question, I would be a tedious task
to get to the post! The search subject mechanism was also a bit hit and miss!

However notwithstanding the grumbles, your step-by-step guide worked! It
worked for MS Word 2003/2002, PowerPoint 2003/2002. I can customize my
right-click mouse button action and undo those customization. Thank you.

As an aside, I agree with you that support was not to be expected from the
mvps site (and I was not expecting) but that I hope they would take in my
suggestion of updating the information by including instruction on
customization of the right-click mouse button functions.

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Having looked at that article
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm) again,
I think it's really pretty thorough provided you read all of it. And perhaps
you missed the link to
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nmentProbs.htm in "For a more
detailed illustration of how to modify a shortcut menu, see also:
How to fix the Word 2000+ Cell Alignment buttons"?

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your response again. I went back to the site as you did.
Looking back, I realised that I have followed the instructions too literally
in the sense that I looked at the All Commands - naturally, I would not find
Paste Special over there. Additionally, they were not too explicit or clear
in the instructions as in selecting and dragging to the destination. The
latter admittedly, I would have managed to figure had I followed the second
link. However, I would still stumble on the former in that I would still be
coming back because I could not locate the Paste Special under the All
Commands options.

Be that as it may, in my suggestions to MVPS I have also suggested that the
instructions could be made more explicit (step-by-step) in case someone like
me would miss it. However, thank you for your help/advise.

Best wishes,
jes

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I do agree with everything you say, but I very much doubt that the changes
will be made because the author of the article is no longer available for
revisions, and I doubt that anyone else will attempt to match his level of
expertise.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the section on shortcut menus in

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You seem to have adopted a scattergun approach with this question (which I
have answered somewhere else). Please just ask in one place.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See the section on shortcut menus in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

so
all may benefit.

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action

i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the

Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu
bar

for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be

achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which

section
would be the most appropriate for my question.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

"xppuser" wrote in message
Dear all,

Office 2005, Wxp Pro SP2,

I want to add the Paste Special option onto my right-click mouse action

i.e.
after I copy or cut, when I right-click the mouse to paste I want the

Paste
Special options to be available rather than having to go to the menu bar

for
Edit - Paste Special to get the options. How may this addition be

achieved
if at all possible? Thank you for your help/advice.

Regards,
jes

PS: Apology if this is not the right section - not quite sure which

section
would be the most appropriate for my question.- Hide quoted text -

I have posted some information on customizing the right click menu in
Word2007 he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_...amatically.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ldzieza ldzieza is offline

I've done research and have placed my own post on the same subject.
Apparently, Microsoft has neglected this functionality, given my exhaustive
research. Anybody out there got an answer to our problem?

"xppuser" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you actually read the thread you posted into? Greg Maxey has provided a
solution that works.