Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lindsay

Default Emails to client have no page numbers & line numbers are nuts {URG

I need help and fast. Helping a friend with doctoral dissertation. He cannot
see any page numbers. He says he uses Win2000 (so do I). Then he says he
doesn't have Word after years of working together! (???). He has only "rtf."
I assure him he's fine. However, I do not like that the once very obvious
page numbers I could see are not almost ghostly they are so light grey. This
changed following some update. I have looked until I'm silly in the head. He
has to get this out before July 1 (well before!), and this is June 26, and
he's just now found out, thus I'm just finding out.

Also, I need to number lines for him. Every single filled or empty line is
numbered even tho' I choose a paragraph and tell it to number the lines. Each
line must flow consecutively throughout the document. His name and ID do not
need to be numbered nor do lines holding no information. I got the first page
to number just lines that had typing (in double-spaced format), but I can't
get it to replicate this on next four or five pages. He's spent about 9 hours
with it, and I've spent about 4 hours now, and I've used Word 2000 for a very
long time. Help and quickly please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Given the criticality of the problem and the apparent lack of skills on the
part of both of you (not to mention the presumed value of your time), put
the file on a CD, take it down to your nearest secretarial agency, and
purchase 20 minutes of their time. The problem is actually trivial, but if a
pair of post-grads haven't found the solution in 13 hours of effort, you're
not seeing the forest for the woodchip mill.