Pank Mehta

Default Prevent Cut and Paste pop-up from appearing

I tend to cut from an Outlook mail item (Word is the default editor) into a
tailored application that I use. Every time I undertake a CUT, I get the pop
up that says, this is the nth cut and paste and lists cut and pastes that I
have undertaken before.

Is there a way that I can stop this pop up from being dispayed?
TF

Which version of Outlook and Word? If this is W2003, then open Word, open
the Task Pane (if not already open) and select the Clipboard Task Pane. At
the bottom of the Clipboard Task Pane you will see the Options button. Clear
all the options you don't want (the first one on the list for starters!).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Pank Mehta" wrote in message
:I tend to cut from an Outlook mail item (Word is the default editor) into a
: tailored application that I use. Every time I undertake a CUT, I get the
pop
: up that says, this is the nth cut and paste and lists cut and pastes that
: have undertaken before.
:
: Is there a way that I can stop this pop up from being dispayed?

TF

Its a long time since I even saw Word 2000: I guess it is in Word under
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Pank Mehta" wrote in message
: Terry,
:
: "Pank Mehta" wrote:
:
: I tend to cut from an Outlook mail item (Word is the default editor)
into a
: tailored application that I use. Every time I undertake a CUT, I get the
pop
: up that says, this is the nth cut and paste and lists cut and pastes
that I
: have undertaken before.
:
: Is there a way that I can stop this pop up from being dispayed?

Elizabeth

In message , TF
writes
Its a long time since I even saw Word 2000: I guess it is in Word under
Tools, Options, Edit tab.

Sorry about the excess snippage - my software stripped out everything
else because it regarded it as a signature.

Recap: Pank Mehta is annoyed because of the clipboard toolbar that
pops-up in the middle of the screen when cutting'n'pasting. It annoys me
too.

I've got Word 2000. The options under Tools-Options-Edit don't have
anything relevant listed. The Help says:

-----------
If you close the Clipboard toolbar three times in a row without using
Paste All or any of the item buttons, the Clipboard toolbar will no
longer appear automatically. To show the Clipboard toolbar again, point
to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Clipboard. You can also
show the Clipboard toolbar again by copying an item two times
consecutively.

When you display the Clipboard toolbar manually and then click Paste All
or click an individual item, the count is reset. From that point on, the
Clipboard toolbar appears automatically again.
-----------

I have the clipboard toolbar switched off - View-Toolbars, deselect
clipboard. Generally that works fine, except for the "copying an item
two times consecutively", then it will come back and I have to deselect
it on the toolbars menu again.

There doesn't seem to be any way of getting rid of it forever. It isn't
possible to remove it in the toolbars customise tab.

Hope this helps.
--
Elizabeth

TF

Elizabeth

Thanks for jogging my memory (it's not what it used to be). That's exactly
why MS changed this between Word 2000 and Word 2002. It was a most annoying
reaction to copy/paste that the user now has more control over.

Terry

"Elizabeth" wrote in message
: In message , TF
: writes
[...]