Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brooke12 Brooke12 is offline

Default My mouse is no longer working to navigate in Word. Help!

The click and drag feature of the mouse is not working in Word. This is the
only place that it does not work. The mouse itself is working fine except in
word. I cannot use it to select anything or move the cursor to a specific
point in the document. Any ideas? This is very annoying!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Based on your description it sounds like you are working in a Protected
document. With that file open, take a look in the Tools menu to see if the
command reads as Protect Document *or* UnProtect Document. If it is
UnProtect Document, select it to turn the protection OFF. Unless there is a
password required that should correct the problem.

If not, post back with more complete details including what version of Word
& the document source.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones