Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dig Dig is offline

Default Text Wrapping

I am trying to place a picture in some text and have the text wrap around it
and having some difficulty.

I place the text inside of a text box and then clicked in the box with the
text and inserted the picture. I then opened its properites and went to
wrapping and found that it is all grayed out.

If I place the picture in its own text box I can place it within the other
text box but I can't seem to wrap the text around it.

How can I accomplish the text wrapping properly?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Text Wrapping *does not* apply to Text Boxes - It only affects the
interaction of graphic objects with standard document text.

That having been said, why are you stuffing everything into text boxes?
Exactly what is it that you are trying to do? Perhaps there is another
approach - or [more likely] perhaps Word isn't the right tool for the task.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Dig" wrote in message
I am trying to place a picture in some text and have the text wrap around
it
and having some difficulty.

I place the text inside of a text box and then clicked in the box with the
text and inserted the picture. I then opened its properites and went to
wrapping and found that it is all grayed out.

If I place the picture in its own text box I can place it within the other
text box but I can't seem to wrap the text around it.

How can I accomplish the text wrapping properly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PullingMyHairOut PullingMyHairOut is offline

I'm having the same problem. The thing is, I'm working with a Word newsletter
template, and the columns of the newsletter are set up as text boxes. If you
truly can't wrap text around a picture in a text box, then WHY did Microsoft
set up the newsletter template this way? They even show a graphic in the
newsletter, leading you to believe that you can place graphics in the
columns. If what you are saying is true, then their newsletter template is a
piece of frustrating ca-ca.

Are there any work-arounds for this? I was halfway done creating my
newsletter when I ran into this stupid problem and now I'm afraid I'll have
to start from scratch with something else. I'm so frustrated!

"Dig" wrote in message
I am trying to place a picture in some text and have the text wrap around

it
and having some difficulty.

I place the text inside of a text box and then clicked in the box with the
text and inserted the picture. I then opened its properites and went to
wrapping and found that it is all grayed out.

If I place the picture in its own text box I can place it within the other
text box but I can't seem to wrap the text around it.

How can I accomplish the text wrapping properly?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would use newspaper-style (snaking) columns instead, but this doesn't give
you the ability to link text from one column (text box) to a column on a
later page. Publisher is really much more suitable for this type of layout.

"PullingMyHairOut" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Pictures inside text boxes can only be In Line With Text. You can wrap

the
picture separately or a text box containing a picture, but not a picture
inside a text box.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.