Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Starfish3 Starfish3 is offline

Default Office 07 Outlook Beta 2 coninual error messages

Unable to erase messages. Get error requesting scanpst.exe. This asks for a
file to scan and anything I put in does not work.
Diagnostics says I don't have latest version. Downloaded last night.
Word says it has a problem with normal.dot and I have insufficent memory
(2 Gigs?)
This program is not ready for prime time
Computer Dell XPS 400

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

.... and in case you hadn't realised, OL2007 does NOT use Word as its
e-mail editor - it is a separate 'Word-like' editor.

This program is not ready for prime time

No it's not - it's not even at Release Candidate status yet - it's only a Beta
with a technical refresh.

In practical terms that means that if you use it for 'normal business' then
you are at risk ... and being somewhat foolish.

This asks for a file to scan and anything I put in does not work.

Understand that you are at risk - make several copies of your PST file.
Try Scanpst from office 2003 - that from Office Xp may also work -
try them on separate copies of the PST.

Good luck!
--
Regards,