Nathon Jones

Default Word Training Material?

Hi,

I have been asked to deliver some Word training. Whilst having a reasonably
sound knowledge of Word, I would like to offer a professional course and
wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some good quality
learning material?

What I'm ideally looking for is something that, as well as demonstrating the
functionality of Word, will also include good examples / tests / exercises
for the students to carry out.

The course will be roughly 8 weeks long.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - there are so many books out there,
it's hard to know which one to go for!

Regards
Nathon Jones

Greg

Nathon,

I personally have never cracked the cover of a Word training manual or
user's guide. If I had your task, I would create my own training guide
using the resources at the MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/
and kick it off with Shuana Kelly's Basic Concepts:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/index.html

Nathon Jones

Hi JR,

2 hours per week, for 8 weeks.

Sorry for not specifying that. (

Regards
Nathon Jones

"JR" onejmATcomcast.net wrote in message
8 weeks! 10 minute's per week, 2 hours a week ????

WHAT???

John Miller

"Nathon Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been asked to deliver some Word training. Whilst having a
reasonably sound knowledge of Word, I would like to offer a professional
course and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some
good quality learning material?

What I'm ideally looking for is something that, as well as demonstrating
the functionality of Word, will also include good examples / tests /
exercises for the students to carry out.

The course will be roughly 8 weeks long.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - there are so many books out
there, it's hard to know which one to go for!

Regards
Nathon Jones

Kathryn Groves

I have created a series of manuals that I have used to teach Microsoft Word.
If you would like more information -- please email me privately -- Take a
look at my email addy before sending and remove the unnecessary
components....

K. Groves

"Nathon Jones" wrote in message
Hi,

I have been asked to deliver some Word training. Whilst having a
reasonably sound knowledge of Word, I would like to offer a professional
course and wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some good
quality learning material?

What I'm ideally looking for is something that, as well as demonstrating
the functionality of Word, will also include good examples / tests /
exercises for the students to carry out.

The course will be roughly 8 weeks long.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - there are so many books out
there, it's hard to know which one to go for!

Regards
Nathon Jones

JR

I use "Element K Press" Word 2000 for a course that I teach at the local
community college.
www.elementk.com

John

[...]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Element K has some good teaching materials.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

CharlotteSmith CharlotteSmith is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathon Jones View Post

I know this doesn't completely answer your question but have you thought about getting some online training for the staff? We use http://www.quasaranytime.co.uk for our Word and Excel training and it has been brilliant. Our staff can train at home or at work (we do give them a couple of hours dedicated time a week to do it) and they can learn in their own time, without tying up the time of another member of staff. Really great quality, professional videos. I am a convert.