Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
man man is offline

Default embed a zip file (or other unsupported file) to word

Hi all,
i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it
just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an
icon. Is there any better way of doing so??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam_I_Am Pam_I_Am is offline

Did you find an answer to this???? I am trying to do the same thing in
Word2007 and it keeps "not responding" - I used to do this all the time in
Word 2003 - seems they broke it - darn it!

"Man" wrote:

Hi all,
i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it
just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an
icon. Is there any better way of doing so??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam_I_Am[_2_] Pam_I_Am[_2_] is offline

I found a way. Insert Object then select Create New and select "Package" from
the list and select the "Display as Icon" box. Click OK - then the Object
Package open up - select File-Import and browse to your zip file. Close
Object Package and yes to update dialog box. Then to edit the caption
"Package" to a more useful name - select the package in your document, right
mouse click and select "Convert". Click the Change Icon" button and edit the
caption.

Cheers Pam

"Man" wrote:

Hi all,
i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it
just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an
icon. Is there any better way of doing so??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] venkateshkadiri66@gmail.com is offline

I have followed the instructions to embed .7z file. But when i copy the file from word to file server, My 7-zip says "can't open file 'C:\*****' as archive"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] josefcohen1@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:23:01 PM UTC-4, Pam_I_Am wrote:
I found a way. Insert Object then select Create New and select "Package" from the list and select the "Display as Icon" box. Click OK - then the Object Package open up - select File-Import and browse to your zip file. Close Object Package and yes to update dialog box. Then to edit the caption "Package" to a more useful name - select the package in your document, right mouse click and select "Convert". Click the Change Icon" button and edit the caption.Cheers Pam"Man" wrote: Hi all, i am trying to death on getting my zip file embedded in word document but it just freeze and freeze every time i do and insert object and place as an icon. Is there any better way of doing so??

Thank you Pam you've saved me alot of time...cheers :-)

JackRefshauge JackRefshauge is offline
Banned

Stay refreshed and find out more and new hacks of cycle resourcing through this blog. Being a data innovation understudy this blog is genuinely helping me in the best respects As I have found dissertation writers for hire to manage my daily tasks. So stay tuned and learn more hacks.