Art Lewis Art Lewis is offline
Junior Member

Default Four equations select & enter 4 Paragraphs

I am running a mail merge document from Access 2007 to Word 2007.
The “CurCln” field has twelve iterations of four letters: G, GR, GS, GSR, GSU, GSUR, GU, GUR, S, SR, SU AND SUR.

I want to enter a MAILMERGE statement in four places in a merge Word document using the Ctrl F9 method. There will be four statements that will select for each of the four letters ( G, S, R, U) that will enter a corresponding paragraph contained in a bookmarked separate Word document.

The logic I want is something like the following, but I do not know how to translate it to work in MAILMERGE and obviously, I don’t know how to call up a bookmark. I would be grateful for any help you can give me.

Field “CurCln” contains: G, GR, GS, GSR, GSU, GSUR, GU, GUR, S, SR, SU, SUR
C:\GSUR.docx has four bookmarked paragraphs named bmG, bmS, bmR, bmU

Eq G: IF(“CurCln” Like "G*", C:\GSUR.docx bmG,””)
Eq S: IF(("CurCln" Like “S*” or CurCln Like "*S*"), C:\GSUR.docx bmS,””)
Eq R: IF(("CurCln" Like “"*R", C:\GSUR.docx bmR,””)
Eq U: IF(("CurCln" Like “*U” or "CurCln" Like "*U*"), C:\GSUR.docx bmU,””)

Perhaps this could be done another way by selecting paragraph sets: Four paragraphs for GSUR, three for GSU, one for S and so on for all twelve iterations.

Art Lewis

Last edited by Art Lewis : July 27th 10 at 12:22 AM
Natalie Lanoville Natalie Lanoville is offline
Junior Member

Have you figured this out yet?