Manuel Barrena Manuel Barrena is offline
Junior Member

Default Understanding tabs in TOC n styles

When I create a Table of content, page numbers are written at the left margin in each table entry. In order to do that, paragrahp styles TOC 1 to TOC 9 must have left tab stops defined at the left margin position. By using reveal formatting button, I can see the tab stops defined in their correct positions, what is completely right. However, if I examine the style TOC 1 by using the modify style option through the Style pane and access to the Tabs section from the button Format, then no tab stops appear defined there. I wonder then where is stored the information about tab stops to be applied in each TOC entry? Why the tab stops information does not appear in the tab section of the paragrahp style? It seems like the tab information had seen manually defined, but this is not possible because the paragrahp style is automatically applied by Word, so what am I missing here?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tab _stops_ are automatically spaced (the US versions put them 1/2 inch
apart, I suppose European ones would put them 1 cm apart), and you can
change that default distance.

The leader-dots and the position of the page number in a ToC depend only
on having a "left tab" at the far right end of the paragraph ruler, and
that only appears in the ruler at the top of the window (maybe you even
have the rulers turned off). Show Non-Printing Characters shows you where
the tab characters are but not where the tab stops are.

On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 9:31:06 AM UTC-5, Manuel Barrena wrote:
[...]

Actly1941 Actly1941 is offline
Banned

Thanks for the answer.
MyrnaMarini MyrnaMarini is offline
Junior Member

Hello, I want to understand tabs in TOC n styles and for that, I am searching for a topic online where I can find all the information regarding this and I am glad I found your post in which I found all the info I need. While searching for it online, I have also discovered https://studyclerk.com/complete-coursework website through which I can get coursework help and now I don't have to waste my time on writing essay assignments because I can take help from their professional essay writers.

Last edited by MyrnaMarini : May 13th 22 at 08:59 AM
HDaniels73 HDaniels73 is offline
Junior Member

If you aren't using multilevel numbering (which is usually unnecessary if just Heading 1 is numbered), the initial tab stop for Heading 1 items in the table of contents is set in the TOC 1 style. The tab stops in the other two heading levels are similarly configured in the styles TOC 2 and TOC3. You may change the styles to place the tabs wherever you wish.

http://mapaswiata.com/

RichardAPenton RichardAPenton is offline
Banned

Hey, the system of university departmental working is different on different grounds. In case you need the help of the experts for writing your resume then you can take the help of executive resume writing services on the website resumesplanet.com. They will also help you in this regard.