Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jonthekiwi jonthekiwi is offline

Default Formatting citations

Hi,
I am new to Word 2007 and am trying to figure out how to use the
Citation/Bibliography tool. I am a student, and need to have my references
structured in a set way, using the Turabian format.

The first time I make a reference I need to give all the information
(Author, Publisher, year, page number), and then for subsequent references I
need only refer to the name and page number. When I click "Insert citation"
it only ever puts the Author's name and the date in brackets. Do you know how
I can get it to give me all the information automatically, without putting it
in brackets, perhaps even having it only give all the information for the
first reference??? I tried searching on Google but didn't find anything
helpful.

IE:
Footnote 1:
1. Jonathan B. Slack, Book Title In Italics (Christchurch: Some
publishing company, 2009), 102.

Footnote 2:
2. Slack, 108.

Bibliography:
Slack, Jonathan B. Book Title In Italics. Christchurch: Some publishing
company, 2009.

Thank you for your help!