Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mscertified mscertified is offline

Default Problem with portrait/landscape

I'm having problems getting parts of my document in portrait and parts in
landscape. I have used page setup to make certain sections landscape but when
I do that my entire doc becomes landscape even though I previously set it to
portrait. I just find this whole thing so non-intuitive. Can someone explein
how it works? thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

To make only part of the document landscape, you can use either of two
approaches:

1. Insert section breaks before and after the part that should become
landscape. With the cursor anywhere between those section breaks, go to Page
Setup and choose landscape, making sure that the "Apply to" box says "This
section".

2. Instead of inserting section breaks manually, let Word do it for you.
Select the part of the document that should become landscape. Go to Page
Setup and choose landscape, and change the "Apply to" box to "Selected
text".

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm for more
info.

--