Help! Can't open or rename doc with long file name

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15th 06, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help! Can't open or rename doc with long file name

I apparently renamed a Word 2003 document with a file name that is too long.
Now I cannot open or rename this document. When I right click on the
document, I get an abbreviated menu that does not include rename. When try
to open the document, nothing happens. Any way to correct this and get my
document back? Thanks.