Margins set outside printable area of the page issue- Word 2003

Old June 2nd 08, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Trahan

Default Margins set outside printable area of the page issue- Word 2003

I have a document that will be used to print a large page on a Staples
Kyocera continuous roll printer. I've set a page width of 22". Unfortunately
Word won't allow me to go beyond 22" width and a 22" depth. First question:
is this a hard limit? Is there a way to go to 24" and continuous?

The document has multiple sections, some of which are multiple columns. It
looks fine in Normal view, but in Print Preview the page is truncated in from
the left, right, and bottom.

I've installed the Kyocera printer driver and have it selected as my default
printer. I've set the page size in Page Setup, Layout, Advanced to 24" x 36".
I've gone into the Print dialog and set the properties of the printer to the
same page size.

When I try to exit Page Setup, Layout with OK, I get the following error
message dialog box:

Microsoft Office Word
One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page. Choose
the Fix button to increase the appropriate margins.
Fix Ignore

If Fix is clicked, the left and right margins are shifted from 2" to 5.35"
and the bottom margin is shifted to 5.65".

If you ignore the changes (which I absolutely don't want), on a print
preview and a print (even to a PDF file), the left and right sides of the
page are truncated.

Apparently this is one of the dreaded problems that happen in Word. I've
seen reference to a columns bug. None of the few suggestions posted seem to
work or be workable in this case. Searching for the error message contents in
the Microsoft Knowledge Base gives no results.
Second question: What can I do to fix this problem?

Old June 22nd 08, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gernt

Default Margins set outside printable area of the page issue- Word 200

I had been sending an Excel spreadsheet to a particular printer every week
for months. I decided to add some extended annotations, so I copied the
spreadsheet to Word. When I printed it on letter sized paper, I got the
above error, and all but a small 3.65 x 4.6 inch area was truncated (left
justified, mind you). Other printers did just fine. When I scaled it to A4
(I'm using letter, but letter is not an option), it worked.

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 sending to a networked Sharp copier.

I guess I assumed that Word and Excel would have the same print
capabilities. I sure would never have guessed that Word would be more
limited.