Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ALGOMART ALGOMART is offline

Default How to create a new list to be used with numbered paragraphs?

When using numbered paragraphs I find there is already a set of numbered
lists to choose from (e.g: I, II, III, IV; or First, Second, Third, ...).

However, is there any possibility of creating a new customized numbered list
apart from the existing ones?

Thank you.
Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To save and reuse number formats, make use of paragraph styles. For example,
you can modify the built-in List Number style to suit your needs.

If you are working with outline numbering (for example heading numbering),
see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ALGOMART" wrote in message
When using numbered paragraphs I find there is already a set of numbered
lists to choose from (e.g: I, II, III, IV; or First, Second, Third, ...).

However, is there any possibility of creating a new customized numbered
list
apart from the existing ones?

Thank you.
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ALGOMART ALGOMART is offline

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I might have not express myself correctly. I already use paragraph styles,
and combine them with Heading styles. And I am also making good use of
Outline Numbering.

Nevertheless, Word gives a few numbering options:
- I, II, III, IV, ...
- First, Second, Third, ...
- One, Two, Three, ...
- a, b, c, ...

My question has to do with these options.
How can I implement/create new lists?
Say, for example:
- Root, stump, trunk, branch, leaf, flower, ....

Actually, I draft contracts in Spanish, and I find this built-in list in the
Spanish version of Word:
- Primero, Segundo, Tercero, Cuarto, ..... (First, Second, Third, ....)

The previous list is in masculine gender, However, I cannot find its
femenine counterpart:
- Primera, Segunda, Tercera, Cuarta, .... (First, Second, Third, ...)

I thought the solution would be to create a customized list.
BUT HOW?

Thank you very much,
ALGOMART.

"ALGOMART" wrote in message
When using numbered paragraphs I find there is already a set of numbered
lists to choose from (e.g: I, II, III, IV; or First, Second, Third, ...).

However, is there any possibility of creating a new customized numbered
list
apart from the existing ones?

Thank you.
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, there is no way to customize the actual numbering options
in the dialog box. You certainly can't do it in the user interface.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ALGOMART" wrote in message
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I might have not express myself correctly. I already use paragraph styles,
and combine them with Heading styles. And I am also making good use of
Outline Numbering.

Nevertheless, Word gives a few numbering options:
- I, II, III, IV, ...
- First, Second, Third, ...
- One, Two, Three, ...
- a, b, c, ...

My question has to do with these options.
How can I implement/create new lists?
Say, for example:
- Root, stump, trunk, branch, leaf, flower, ....

Actually, I draft contracts in Spanish, and I find this built-in list in
the
Spanish version of Word:
- Primero, Segundo, Tercero, Cuarto, ..... (First, Second, Third,
....)

"ALGOMART" wrote in message
When using numbered paragraphs I find there is already a set of
numbered
lists to choose from (e.g: I, II, III, IV; or First, Second, Third,
...).