Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap

Old November 19th 09, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cristyh

Default Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wrap

I'm creating a form for myself to enter into. I have lines that are
formatted in what they call "Indented Block" - I have a heading on the left
margin, which I don't touch when filling in the form, the field starting at
an indent of 3", the 2nd line of the field if it's long enough to wrap to
also be at 3" and any lines after that to wrap back to the left margin.

Kinda like this:
heading: field
2nd line of field
3rd line of field continued

BUT, I need to be able to indent the 3rd line also to 3" if it's too short &
doesn't reach the indented point.

Need to be able to do this, too, depending on length:
heading: field
2nd line of field
3rd line short

If possible, the whole field area needs to be wrapped, so I don't have to
mess with hitting the Enter key at some point to make it line up.

I've searched through the questions with "Intent" in them and didn't find
anything. I apologize if I'm repeating a previous question. Thanks for any
help!
Old November 19th 09, 03:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cristyh

That was supposed to be "Indent" that I searched for...
Old November 19th 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A hanging indent would indent all lines after the first, but there is no
built-in way to have the third and subsequent lines (of the same paragraph)
wrap back to the left margin, conditionally or otherwise.

http://word.mvps.org

&

Old November 20th 09, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cristyh

Default Creating Form, Need 1st 2 lines of field to indent, 3rd to wra

I was afraid of that. Thank you for your help!

.