Cross references

Old March 11th 07, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ricki Miles

Default Cross references

I am working in Word 2003. I have many headings that will be cross
referenced. I choose Insert, Reference, Cross Reference, click Headings,
select the heading I want and insert page number (or other). Then I leave
the dialog box open, click into the document to reposition the insertion
point where the next cross reference will go, then click back in the Cross
Reference dialog box to activate it, and the list of headings in the dialog
box always goes back to the beginning of the list. I would like it to stay
where it was with the highlighting on the last heading selected. Is there
any way to make this happen?

Thanks,

Ricki

Old March 11th 07, 09:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Henk57[_3_]

Ricki:
I have the same problem. I don't know whether this annoyance can be
changed. What I do to circumvent is to stay within the dialogue box,
i.e. I type both references for the same xref behind each other, and
than later add the texts in the body. So, "see paragraph 1.2.3.4 on
page 5", i start with "see paragraph, insert xref [heading number],
insert [page number], then go to the body text and I type " on page "
between the two fields. Probably not the samrtest way but it works for
me.
Hope you can use this, Henk

--
Henk57