Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default How to add a non-bold Page X of Y building block in Bottom of Page

I have tried to insert a bold Page X of Y (Bold Numbers 3) from Bottom of
Page on a document and then unbold X and Y. Then select the Page X of Y and
save it by Insert...Quick Parts...Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. The
problem I have is that the new building block is not having the same position
as Bold Numbers 3 which is positioned on the right side of the page.

I'm new to Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When creating the building block, you can format it to be right aligned.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter" wrote in message
I have tried to insert a bold Page X of Y (Bold Numbers 3) from Bottom of
Page on a document and then unbold X and Y. Then select the Page X of Y
and
save it by Insert...Quick Parts...Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery.
The
problem I have is that the new building block is not having the same
position
as Bold Numbers 3 which is positioned on the right side of the page.

I'm new to Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, if you use "At Current Position" to insert the Page X of Y building
block, the numbers will not be bold. You can select the position by
paragraph alignment or using the built-in tab stops.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter" wrote in message
I have tried to insert a bold Page X of Y (Bold Numbers 3) from Bottom of
Page on a document and then unbold X and Y. Then select the Page X of Y
and
save it by Insert...Quick Parts...Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery.
The
problem I have is that the new building block is not having the same
position
as Bold Numbers 3 which is positioned on the right side of the page.

I'm new to Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, if you use "At Current Position" to insert the Page X of Y building
block, the numbers will not be bold.

It will be bold if you insert a building block formatted in bold, which I'm
assuming is what Peter was trying to do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter" wrote in message
I have tried to insert a bold Page X of Y (Bold Numbers 3) from Bottom of
Page on a document and then unbold X and Y. Then select the Page X of Y
and
save it by Insert...Quick Parts...Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery.
The
problem I have is that the new building block is not having the same
position
as Bold Numbers 3 which is positioned on the right side of the page.

I'm new to Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

True, he referred specifically to the "Page X of Y (Bold Numbers 3)"
building block, which is found only under Top of Page and Bottom of Page.
Under Current Position, however, there is a Page X of Y (Bold Numbers) that
in fact does not use bold numbers.

Page X of Y Bold Numbers 1, 2, and 3 represent left, center, and
right-aligned numbers, whereas the single Bold Numbers Page X of Y is
theoretically inserted at the insertion point. I have found that not to be
the case, however: because it is created as an entry that includes a
paragraph mark, it is inserted at the left margin (in a new paragraph) even
if the insertion point is at the right margin.