Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CindyLou CindyLou is offline

Default How to copy all text, form fields and regular text, in protected f

In Word 2003, I have created a form for data entry. After locking the form
for field
protection, my users are unable to Copy the non form field text. How can
they copy an entire paragraph, form fields and non-form fields, without
unprotecting the
document? Please help, this has been driving me crazy!! THANKS MUCH ;o)
--
Enjoy 2day!!
~*Cindy Lou*~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

CindyLou wrote:
In Word 2003, I have created a form for data entry. After locking the
form for field
protection, my users are unable to Copy the non form field text. How
can they copy an entire paragraph, form fields and non-form fields,
without unprotecting the
document? Please help, this has been driving me crazy!! THANKS MUCH
;o)

They can't. That's what protection does.

Why do they need to copy the non-field part of the document? Why not open a
new document based on the same template?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CindyLou CindyLou is offline

Default How to copy all text, form fields and regular text, in protect

Hi Jay,
Thank you very much for responding.........
The reason they need to copy ALL is so that they can paste into a
non-Windows based program.....thanks for working on this.... ;o)
--
Enjoy 2day!!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

CindyLou wrote:
In Word 2003, I have created a form for data entry. After locking the
form for field
protection, my users are unable to Copy the non form field text. How
can they copy an entire paragraph, form fields and non-form fields,
without unprotecting the
document? Please help, this has been driving me crazy!! THANKS MUCH
;o)

They can't. That's what protection does.

Why do they need to copy the non-field part of the document? Why not open a
new document based on the same template?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TonyK TonyK is offline

Hi CindyLou
Please see the help file documentation below which I think will give you
what you are asking.
1. Open the document that was filled in as a form in Microsoft Word.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Save tab.
3. Select the Save data only for forms check box.
4. Click OK.
5. On the File menu, click Save Copy As.
6. Type a file name in the File name box.
7. In the Save as type box, select Plain Text, and then click Save.
8. Select a text encoding option, and then click OK.
Word saves the form field data in a comma-delimited text file.

Hope this helps.
--
TonyK